Home Theater Room Design
Home Theater Room Design
For your convenience, we group the Home Theater Room Design on the labels: and
Even if you have all the “best” equipment, you will not receive the full enjoyment out of the room if it is not designed well. With a little patience and planning your home theater room can be greatly improved no matter what your budget level.
What are some things to consider?
- Size and location of the room
- How room acoustics affect sound
- What lights and lighting system to use
- What furniture is most comfortable and most practical
- DIY – What can I do myself and what do I need to contract out
If you have done any research on home theaters no doubt you have come across pictures of extravagant, elaborate home theaters that cost an absolute fortune to build. I must admit I love to see these theaters myself, but how practical are these theaters for the average family? Does the average family have enough room available to have a room completely dedicated to a home theater? Are they comfortable rooms that families are able to enjoy on a regular basis?
When considering your home theater room design remembers that a great home theater room is one that you and your family can be in and feel comfortable in even while the tv is not on.
Keep your home theater family friendly
Some simple suggestions on making your home theater family friendly
- Game room – If your room is big enough and you do not want a dedicated home theater you may want to consider adding a pool table, foosball or air hockey table or a board game table to the room or to an adjoining room. This makes for a great area for your kids to bring their friends.
- Isolate your equipment – From experience I can tell you that nothing seems more tempting for kids then to come up and touch the lighted buttons and spin the knobs on the electronics components. If possible consider storing your component rack in a closet or an area that is out of sight from children. You can get IR repeaters that send your remote signals through wires back to the closet. This is not only kid friendly, but also makes for a nice clean look for your theater room.
- Dark speckled carpet – Where there are families there are kids. Where there are kids there is bound to be occasional spills and crumbs on the floor. An appropriately chosen carpet will help hide the effects of some of these events. You want to be able to watch the movie with your kids and their friends rather than be on constant spill patrol so your new carpet does not get anything on it.
- Counter behind your seating. A bar type counter behind the seating provides a great way to sit down and enjoy a pizza and soda during a movie or a sporting event. It can also serve as a good place for overflow seating during a party or can even serve as a game table during non-movie nights.
- Refrigerator and sink – If you plan on doing a lot of entertaining in your home theater, close proximity to a refrigerator and sink will be much appreciated.
- Video rockers – Kids and adults love these rocking chairs. They are comfortable and lightweight and can be a great space saver. They sit right on the floor so you can use them for playing video games or you can sit them down in front of your regular seating during a movie.
- Adequate lighting – Make sure you have flexible lighting that will allow safe entry and exit during the multiple trips to the bathroom or for snack breaks.
- Star Ceiling – If you are looking for a real wow factor, you could even consider a star field ceiling with fiber optic lighting and LED illuminators.
- Decorating themes – There are many designing themes that can add interest to your home theater. Movie posters, memorabilia and popcorn poppers are natural ideas for decorating your home theater, but a sports theme or a game room theme are also popular. Be creative. Let your family’s personality shine through.
These are just some simple ideas to get you started. Remember when planning your home theater room design, you will be spending a lot of time in this room so take your time and get it right.
For another info, click to : Choosing the Right Leather Sofa
Of the thousands of images on the Internet related to Home Theater Room Design, we've picked out the best for you, including Tv entertainment cabinets on solid walnut tv cabinet , Tv Cabi Designs Collection Simple House Design Ideas , Custom Home Theater Palm Beach , Home theater decorating ideas , Family Room Tv Ideas Tv Room Decorating Ideas With Bookshelf 650x487 In Family Room and many more.