What is shabby chic furniture and how do you get that shabby chic furniture look? Shabby chic is a mixture of elegant and worn out, timeless items. This decorating style gets its inspiration from the collection of valuables found in the European flea markets. There you will find treasures such as window frames and other architectural decorations as well as old, elegant furniture and decor. The charisma in these objects lies in their history and their past life.
Shabby Chic Furniture for Different Decor
For your convenience, we group the Shabby Chic Furniture for Different Decor on the labels: and
Five Ideas Uses Shabby Chic Furniture for Shabby Chic Look
1) One of the appearances of shabby chic is its practical nature for finding new uses for old, worn-out furniture and decor. This is a popular concept because of the ecological intellect of our present day society.
2) Shabby chic furniture is not related to any one style. As long as it is old, appealing, and comfortable, most pieces of furniture will work in this decorating style. Shabby chic furniture is often used in alternative ways, such as an armoire used for a bar or entertainment center. It does not have to match but should harmonize in style and color.
3) White furniture is often related to the shabby chic style. A fresh coat of white paint can do wonders for a dark, stained piece of furniture. An old, worn look can be reached by deeply painting then using sandpaper to rub away the top coat to show the wood or bottom coats. Another technique to achieve a worn look is to lightly sand and rough up the corners of a piece of furniture. This will give a worn out look to a newer piece of furniture.
4) Padding fabric on shabby chic furniture tends to be light, airy floral patterns. However, checks, stripes, and solids are also used to give a slightly out of the ordinary, yet harmonized look. Popular colors are a soft green, pale pink, muted gray, white, and off-white.
5) Do you have a beautiful, much-loved antique or an elegant piece of furniture? Shabby chic is an excellent decorating style for making this antique or piece of furniture the center of attraction. Add shabby chic decor from your own home or spend time for browsing garage sales, flea markets and second-hand stores to find unique, worn out decor to whole your shabby chic look.
Shabby chic is the perfect decorating style for the person with a limited decorating budget. By using time, creativity, and imagination, you can create a beautifully decorated room (or house) that will be loved for years to come.
Of the thousands of images on the Internet related to Shabby Chic Furniture for Different Decor, we've picked out the best for you, including Shabby Chic Furniture Uk Awesome Shabby Chic Dining Table Uk , Grey Shabby Chic Furniture of Large chest of drawers painted in midnight blue, and brass handles added. Timber top , Shabby Chic Furniture Bed Room Cute White And Light Blue Room Decoration For Teen Girl Bedroom Feats Twin Pink Desk Lamp , Shabby Chic Furniture Ideas Of Stenciling Shabby Chic Furniture Ideas , Shabby Chic Furniture Living Room with Shabby Chic Living Rooms Ashley Furniture and many more.